Do you actually know what you are putting on your Skin?
We read the labels on our food products each day to live a healthier life, but what about the products we use directly on our largest organ, the skin! Did you know that carcinogens found in skin care products pose a greater risk than foods contaminated with these same cancer causing chemicals?
Without the liver to filter the input to this organ items placed on our skin go directly through into our blood stream.
Common Carcinogenic chemicals found in our daily skin-care products include:
- Parabens (methyl, Ethyl, Propyl, Butyl, Benzyl)
- Imidiazolidinyl & Diazolidinyl Urea
- Synthetic Fragrance (Phthalates)
- Synthetic Dyes (FD&C, D&C, HC colors)
- Mineral Oil
- Coal Tar
- Toluene sulfonamide
- BHA (butylated Hyroxyanisole) BHT (butylated hydroxytoluene)
- NIDELA (nitrosodiethanolamine) Formed with TEA, DEA, MEA
- Aluminum Chloride
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- Lanolin (contaminated by DDT-like pesticides)
- Fatty Acids: cetyl alcohol, stearyl alcohol, myristyl alcohol
- Esters: isopropyl miristate, spermaceti, octyl palmitate, butyl stearate, isopropyl isostearate
- 1,4 dioxane
The scariest part is that they are not even mandatory to be noted on the labeling of most items…. there can be over 300 chemicals alone not mentioned by the use of the phrasing “fragrance”. Being an informed consumer is crucial as long as the cosmetics industry continues to be vague about their ingredients.
Be a WISE consumer and take a look at your skin care products
and see if you recognize any of these names, then compare them to the product info at